Sunday, November 17, 2013

Monday Muses Prompts


 This wasn't really resent but last year when I was in Yemen my home country I woke up for school and realized I didn't memorize the verses for my holy book or should I say Quran. You might be thinking well the worse thing they could do to me is just lower my grade. Well you should think again because the worse thing the teachers could and would do is take a stick and hit me with it. So I told my 20 year old cousin that I forgot to memorize and he said that I should try to memorize on the bus. If you’re wondering why he lives with my family it’s because he was born and raised in Yemen and my dad was in America and my cousin knows every place in Yemen like the back of his hand. So I ate breakfast and was waiting for the bus to pick me up. It was probably my luck day because the bus was late and that gave me an extra ten minutes to memorize. Then I heard the honking of the bus and I knew that time was running out so I started walking toward the bus trying to make every moment of studying count.

 When got on I told one of my friend on the bus for advise because this was the first time I was going to get hit and he said," You better get your hand ready for that stick because it going to hurt so bad." Then he started laughing at me. That was by far the worst advice I had heard all year, so when we got off the bus I slapped him in the face. When we got to class I forgot that we had Quran class first period. I started freaking out because I only memorized one verse of Quran. I was hoping that the teacher would forget, but as soon as he stepped in the class he took out his grade book and said whoever didn't memorize step outside the class. When he saw me stand up he couldn't believe that his star student didn't memorize.

Me and five other kids stood outside waiting for the teacher to come. Then I saw my friend stand up with us I was about to explode from laughter. Than he told me that we should ask to go to the bathroom and jump out the fence before he hits us. The bathrooms in my school were not inside the school they were outside in the yard and there were bricks that made a staircase that were big enough to make it to the top of the fence. The fence wasn't that tall anyway so when we jump no one would get hurt. His plan may have been crazy but I was willing to do it if it meant that I wouldn't get hit. So we both asked, and the teacher let us go to the bathroom. Step one was a success next we had to climb the stairs to the fence. And believe it or not we jumped and made out of school. That day was one of the riskiest stunts I have ever done in my life. But there was one problem. What's going to happen to us tomorrow?         
 

5 comments:

  1. omg what happened
    where is yemen?
    I'm so sorry
    this was really intense and violent

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got hit by a ruler the next day. And I consider this kind of funny and not really that violent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i liked how you summarized this event and how you introduced the character in the beginning of the blog. i also liked how you had a suspenseful ending which really caught my attention, wanting to know what would happen next

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Breanny, I felt like you did a really good job of making me(the read) interested. I also liked the ending because you left you the reader thinking about would happen to you.

    ReplyDelete